You know that feeling of using your intuition in a situation and having it work out beautifully
Do you wish you could create that experience any time you needed a solution or direction?
Well, with practice you can! The steps to accessing your intuition are simple and easy. The key is to use them over and over again so you get comfortable with your natural ability to access your intuition.
Step One. Listen.
Take time to listen to your intuition with daily meditation. It can be a sitting meditation or a moving meditation. Having a time each day that you put aside to listen quietly to your deepest self is the lifeline of accessing you intuition.
Step Two. Trust.
Once you have heard that inner voice of wisdom, felt that gut instinct, sensed a intuitive nudge – it is time to trust it. Trust yourself. Sometimes this is taking a big deep breath and giving yourself permission to proceed. Sometimes it can be as simple as affirming to yourself, “I trust my intuition.” Sometimes it is taking a leap of faith into the unknown – that is a big trust in yourself.
Know this: You have the answer. You have the inner wisdom. You can trust yourself. You can trust your intuition.
Step Three. Follow.
Now go for it! You have listened to your intuition. You have decided to trust it. Now follow it. Take action immediately when you get an intuitive direction. It can be a small act or a large one. But make sure you deliberately do something concrete to follow your intuition. Whether it is a phone call, an email, signing up for a class or moving forward on a business idea.
If your intuition is directing you to not do something, be sure to validate that choice by saying aloud, “I am following my intuition by not doing this thing (phone call, an email, moving forward on a business idea, etc.)
The more frequently you use these three steps to access your intuition, the more natural it becomes and ready when you need it most.
Keep listening, trusting and following your intuition.
Of course you know that daily meditation is great for you. But what about those times when it feels impossible to sit still? One way to enjoy your practice is through a moving meditation. This is ideal when you are just simply too restless to sit quietly and you want to cultivate mindfulness in a movement form.
Take a meditation walk and begin to let go of some of the excess energy and anxiousness. A meditation walk will rejuvenate both your body and your mind.
When you go on a walking meditation, be sure to leave your phone, music, errands and window shopping behind.
Have an awareness of where and how you are walking while you allow yourself to remain outside the busy activities of your surroundings. Walk at an easy pace and let your mind become calm as your body settles into the rhythm of your footsteps.
Other movement meditations can be anything where your body enters into a cadence or rhythm and allows your mind to eventually settle. Some ideas include swimming laps, folding laundry, rowing a boat, sweeping or raking leaves.
The key is to get a physical rhythm through motion which causes your mind to clear as the body moves with ease.
Having mindfulness while you are in a meditation walk or other moving meditation is an excellent way to develop mindfulness for the rest of your day .
Give it a try and Enjoy!
When you are in alignment with your truth, be assured you are on the right path in your life. Sometimes the road may be bumpy and difficult, but if it is your right path you will have a sense of calm. A benefit of being in alignment with your truth is that you lose that sense of comparing yourself to others.
You have a strong sense of being at the right place at the right time. It does not mean there are no challenges. It is just that you do not have to second guess yourself and every decision. You have a deeper sense of trust in the process and direction of your life, your work and your actions.
So how do you get in alignment with your truth?
It is something that you build over the course of time. So the sooner you start with it, the sooner you will be enveloped by the the benefits of being in true alignment.
Here are some steps you can take to tap into your personal truth.
1. Meditate Every Day
Of course you have heard me tell you this before. And you know how good it feels when you actually take a few minutes to stop rushing around and just breathe. Getting started on a daily meditation practice is a key step to being able to easily tap into you inner wisdom and truth.
The discipline that it takes to have daily meditation will extend into all areas of your life. It will buoy your efforts in other ways.
Start with 5 minutes a day. It is a short enough amount of time that you can manage it. Trust me, it will grow organically if you stick with every day. Want more support and ideas for your daily mediation. Check out Five Minute Meditation here.
2. Walk Every Day
Even a short walk will be good for you. We spend so much time on our computers and devices as well as driving and working at desks. It is essential to get outside and take a walk. The benefits of even a 10-20 minute walk everyday are tremendous.
Walking, without your phone or music, will help you get I touch with your body mind connection. It gives you a chance to let your thoughts flow freely and it is a excellent way to release stress, fret and worry. This is a an important component in being in alignment it’s your truth. You have to be open and able to hear yourself think and feel without distractions. A daily walk will help significantly with that.
3. Eat Well
In a busy hectic life, it is easy to catch meals on the fly or to even skip meals and just snack through the day. Do the best you can to eat well. Make small lasting incremental changes rather than dramatic attempts to revamp your whole system. Think of one or two ways you can take better care of yourself with small improvements towards eating well.
Remember it isn’t just what you eat, but how you eat. Take the time to set yourself a plate of food and eat it without TV, computer or phone. Enjoy the meal and notice how good it tastes and smells and looks. Really enjoy it.
4. Sing Dance Laugh
(My favorite things) Some light heartedness can go a long way. Your alignment of truth does not need to be heavy or serious. It can be easy and delightful. So sing, dance and laugh your way to releasing the strain and distress of having to be perfect and know everything.
Just relax a bit and let it flow to you naturally. Even amid hard work, you will have an overall sense of ease when you are in alignment with your life and work in the world.
Get grounded – what does it mean and how do we do it?
Our body is grounded by the earth’s pull of gravity so that we do not drift into space. But what about our minds or our emotions? It is easy for our inner self to “pop-out” of our body, our outer self. Our language is filled with references that symbolize or imply some part of us leaving our body for one reason or another. Look at all the everyday phrases that suggest how we might leave our bodies.
When you are in a long meeting, “your mind wanders off.” You might snap back when your name is mentioned and say or think, “Oh, I was off somewhere else.” Maybe it was a daydream about Hawaii or solving a work problem. “I was off somewhere else” is a comment everyone understands.
When someone gets a terrible fright, they can be said to “jump out of their skin.” Regarding a traumatic experience, some people describe watching themselves from afar rather than feeling or experiencing the trauma. They are out of their body.
How about being in love? An old fashioned phrase is “fly to the moon.” Now that is out of your body!
Another phrase used is when you are late, you might describe it as being “in a hurry.” If you are in a hurry, it is hard to be in this moment. When you are out of your body you are not in the moment, and likewise, when you in your body you are able to be fully present in the moment.
Any time that you are “spaced out” or not able to focus, that is a sign that you are out of your body and need to get grounded.
There are many ways to get grounded – here are 3 types of them.
1. Physical. Any kind of physical movement can help you become grounded. Exercise is a great way to build endorphins and get you in your body. Movement is so primary – the first thing that comes to mind for getting grounded is to take a walk and get moving.
2. Stillness. Ironically, if movement gets you grounded, so does stillness. Stillness can calm your body, increase your awareness, help you clear your space and return your attention to your breath. All of these things will help you get grounded. When you are feeling out of sorts, even a five minute meditation can be restorative.
3. Nature. Being in nature. Want to get in your body? Step outside. Get some fresh air. Take a hike. Water is nature – even if you are completely bound to stay indoors, run cool water over your hands with the intention of getting grounded. This simple exercise is surprisingly refreshing and restorative.
Give these a try today.
If you are feeling stuck even the simplest tasks, let alone making your goals and dreams come true, troche can be rough.
It is possible to get “unstuck” and change your entire experience of your day with a few simple actions.
When you get your chi – your life force – moving forward and flowing easily, everything shifts and resistance begins to melt away.
Here are 3 simple actions you can take RIGHT NOW to move stuck energy. All of these can be done every day as needed.
Sing out loud! Feeling a little sheepish? Sing in the shower. Crank up the radio and sing in the car. Start singing a little ditty from childhood or even a catchy jingle from an ad.
The act of singing brings movement and energy into your body. A jaunty song will perk you up and get the chi flowing in an easy way.
The companion to singing is dancing. Not worrying about choreography or steps or anything. Just get up and shake it! Best if you can put on some music and get the flow going.
Maybe other people in your household would like to dance with you – you won’t know unless you try it. Even if you are the only one in the mood – surely there is a place with no one looking that you can dance around a bit.
Movement moves energy. When you are emotionally, mentally, energetically stuck – get up and move.
3. Say YES to life.
A day full of “no” can be long and hard. Find a way to say YES to more situations, possibilities and experiences. They can be small things. Saying YES gets your mindset and energy flowing and moving towards making things happen instead of closing down opportunities. Use discretion, of course, and increase the incidents when you say YES to love, life and adventures.
Try one or even all of these today!
Feeling resistance? Trying to change an old way of seeing things and doing things? Want help to create new habits and patterns for your life?
Here is the three step process for releasing old patterns and habits.
This step is what I call the “hello” moment.
When you first realize that you have an old pattern of thinking that is getting in the way of moving forward, and there is a tendency to want to change it immediately. But this quick rush to “make things better” doesn’t acknowledge the complexities and value of your old patterns.
With this first step, acknowledge your pattern, just say hello to it. This is a time to be free of judgment for yourself about why you keep repeating a certain undesirable habit or way of thinking.
Just notice it and acknowledge it.
2. Thank yourself
This is the deep opposite of judgement for why you behave in a certain way or habitually think old thoughts that no longer work for you. This is the deep opposite if beating yourself up over old ways of doing things and thinking and patterns and habits.
Rather than get down on yourself, this is a profound and unique opportunity to validate yourself. Recognize that the choices you made come from a place of taking good care of yourself, protecting your space or maybe it was the only way you knew how to do something.
Let me give you an example. Let’s say you grew up in a household with parents who were afraid of change. Every time something new happened in the neighborhood or community, your parents would get angry with anyone else in the family that supported the change or made any changes themselves.
Wow! Can you imagine how hard it would be to be to make change in your life if this was the case for you. Keeping things quiet and at that the status quo would be an excellent strategy for maintaining a calm household growing up.
Just take a few minutes to step back and look at your situation to have a deeper understanding of your current habit you wish to transform.
Now actually thank yourself for taking on this pattern. If you consider the example, thank yourself for resisting change, for wanting to keep things calm and stable by maintaining the status quo. Thank yourself for holding onto this pattern so faithfully all these years.
Feel how different this is from trying to yank out, excavate and rip out old habits and patterns. Feel how different this is from blaming yourself for not changing before this.
This method gives you permission to view yourself and others with compassion and validation.
After you have said “hello” acknowledging your habit you want to change and thanked yourself for initially taking on this habit because it served you well many years ago, now is the time to release it.
Give yourself permission to let it go so you can move forward.
For each of these steps, actually say it out loud. It might sound like this.
“Wow, I just realize I continuously resist change. Hello Resistance.”
“Thank you to myself for taking on the habit of resistance to change. I now see how it helped me have a calm and stable home growing up. I must have been quite a smart person to adapt so well to my situation.”
“Now I am ready and free to let go of this resistance to change. I release it now and move on to new and exciting opportunities.”
Picture yourself letting go of this habit. There will be times when you feel the resistance to change. When that happens, acknowledge it, thank it again for helping you in the past and gently but firmly give yourself permission to let go of it and move forward.
TAKE ACTION: Create a new pattern
An important part of changing an old habit is to take an action in the new direction you seek. So if the pattern of resisting change is what you are releasing, the new habit would be trying something new – something that might make you feel slightly uncomfortable as you move out of your comfort zone. That is an excellent way to re-pattern your behavior and habits.
Try this today – there are always old habits, beliefs, patterns and thinking we can release.
One magical aspect that comes from mediation is the ability to take a longer pause. A longer pause between experience and reaction. That means when someone is irritating or distressing to you, you can have a little bit longer between what just happened and the time that you respond. That pause gives the opportunity to consider a different outcome. Instead of jumping to conclusions, you can listen. Instead of getting angry, you can breathe. Instead of making a rash decision, you can think it through.
You Can Have It Every Single Day
Daily meditation teaches you to pause. Not the kind of teaching where you suddenly realize, “Ah yes, now I must pause.” Rather, this kind of teaching is by simply doing it. Not thinking about it, but actually doing it. Actually pausing. Daily meditation is a chance to put the world on hold, on pause. So many times I have heard people express the wish to press a pause button and just be able to catch their breath. Well, here it is. It is accessible for you, within your grasp, within your control. You get to have it, Every Single Day, if you want it.
The pause that comes from meditation is what allows you to be slower to react to situations. You know the ones I am talking about. The various situations that come up a million times a day. Someone makes an immediate demand from you. You are square in the middle of something else and they want their needs met Right Now, damn it! Even if you are working for a demanding boss, you may still need to drop what you are doing to take on a new project, but the pause gives you a moment to let go of the manic energy that has been thrust your way. The pause gives you a chance to make your move from a place of being grounded instead of being off balance.
With The Pause You Have Choices
Your co-worker, spouse, in-law, or a friend makes a comment that gets you completely off guard. Maybe they something that was embarrassing to you, a small mean unkind word. Maybe they accused you or blamed you for something, maybe they insulted you. You might feel humiliated, defensive, angry, indignant. The red light goes on inside.
But instead of reacting, you can pause. Pause. Breathe. Gather yourself up. You can decide as to whether you want to respond, articulate your opinion, make yourself known, object or simply walk away. With the pause, you have choices. And instead of stuffing down your feelings or acting out your impulses, you have a moment of pause. During this time you become empowered with the opportunity for a clear head.
Train Your Body
The Pause comes directly from daily meditation, from taking time to train your body and your mind to pause. The lesson and experience of the pause is visceral and direct. If you practice it through daily meditation, you will experience it in your interactions with others. That pause may be the best thing to save your life in that moment. The practice of meditation is a pause, a deeper sense of awareness. A moment of grace. Meditate Every Day to get The Pause.
Give it a try and let me know how it goes.
Want to meditate every day.. .
Here is a fun video made by my daughter Ashira with 5 quick and easy tips to help you stick with it!
you can also watch here
We try so hard to make it in the world. to prove to the world and to ourselves that we are good enough, strong enough, smart enough and so many other things, too.
The truth is, right here, right now: You Are Enough.
In this moment, even without accomplishments, successes or proof – you are whole, complete, enough as you are. We can get caught up in the whirlwind and expectations of our careers, relationships and family. It is easy to fall into the trap of comparison and judge ourselves and measure ourselves continuously.
You can get out of that by seeing yourself as simply and wonderfully enough right now.
Here are a few tips to consider as you let go of the proving yourself to the world (and yourself) and see the truth about who you are.
1. Separate Who You Are from What You Do
Having success in your field or endeavor is wonderful – but it does not have to define you. Live your life with an open mind, extend compassion to yourself and others and stay in the present moment. This will support you as you recognize the truth that who you are is not what you do.
2. Express Deep Gratitude
When you the time comes of getting wrapped up in what the world thinks of you and feeling you “should” do more or be more, take a few minutes to write up a quick gratitude list. It is easy to do – counting your blessings is always in order.
When things a going great, remember to have gratitude. When things are going not so great, or even down right wretched, remember to have gratitude. It is a good way to get back into the present moment and see the beauty of your life and yourself.
3. Be of Service to Others
Service to others is a way to move the focus off yourself and your condition. It allows you to get out of yourself and share the goodness of your life force with the world. Be careful that being of service does not become a new way to define yourself, just do it to help others.
Want to know a super easy example? Next time you are out and about, hold the door open for the person behind you. It is such a small thing and people really appreciate it!
There are a hundred small ways that you can be of service to people in a day. These help you to get out of comparison, measurement and judgement.
Now its YOUR turn: Think about how you free yourself from feeling like you have to do more or be more? What acts of kindness and service do you love to do to help others? What are you grateful for right now?
It’s time for you to boldly follow your dream – you know the one, it might be a grand idea that has been in your heart for years, it might be that essential project that has been on your mind for months.
You have the dream and now it’s time to follow it and make it happen.
Want to know the surprising secret to following your dreams boldly in a huge way?
Small steps taken every day is the path to making your dreams come true.
Here are 3 tips you can use to make sure your BIG dreams come true taking SMALL steps every day.
1. Start at the end. When you know your goal, when you know what you want to achieve, take a look at the steps you need to take starting from the end (reaching your goal) and working backwards to the the very first action that needs to happen right now. This is called Reverse Engineering and the most successful people have been using this method for many years.
2. Schedule it! Now take a look at those steps and put them on a realistic schedule taking small steps every day towards your goal. If your next step is on your schedule, you have a much greater chance of accomplishing it. As Marie Forleo says, “If it isn’t on the schedule, it doesn’t exist.” Get it on the schedule = Get it done!
3. Plan to change the plan. Be clear about your goal, be prepared to do the hard daily consistent work in small steps…AND give yourself the flexibility to adjust as needed.
Put this into action and watch your dreams unfold into reality.
One of the benefits of meditation is that you can do it practically anytime and anywhere.
For starters, you only need 5 minutes and you are well on your way. It can be morning, noon or night. Don’t fret about when to do it, just take a few minutes and sit quietly.
How about where to do your meditation. Consider shaking things up a bit and try a public meditation. Yes, that’s right, meditate outside in the world. It sounds intimidating, but in reality it is quite pleasurable. You will be surprised by all the experiences you have when you meditate out in the world.
When you try it, make sure that you have established a safe place, tucking away your belongings or having a person you know as a watcher. Then sit back, close your eyes, breathe and enjoy.
with Ashira, Krista and Talia xo
You know how it goes when you are trying to figure out what to do next – everyone has an opinion for you. Really, pretty much everyone will offer advice, opinions and has what they genuinely think is the best plan for your life. It is just what people do.
But even those who are most gracious and genuine in their ideas for you are going to offer it to you from their frame of mind. This is fine for getting insight or assistance when you need a fresh perspective, but is ultimately not your strongest position for deciding how to live your life.
Consider instead of following someone else, someone else’s ideas, opinions, objectives and agenda – make your own path!
Forge your way. Slash, dig, rake, build, clear your own path. This requires a few elements: courage, confidence and knowing your next step will be.
So here is the thing about all 3 of those things – you don’t need a lot to get started. You can get rolling with even just a bit of courage and confidence – just enough to take the first step.
You do not need to know every twist and turn and every step on the path – in fact that is nearly impossible and completely unnecessary. Just the next step, just what is in front of you now.
Taking that step will give you more courage and confidence as well.
So, no need to follow someone else. You can create your own path and follow your own truth. You will be so glad you did!
Have you ever faced a sense of fear in one area of your life and had it spill over in other parts in your life? Or maybe there is just this one thing that seems fearful to you but it holding you back from moving forward.
Either way, the fear is blocking your life force and keeping you from going to your next awesome place in life.
Because fear is something we hold in our body, each time we encounter fear it become a visceral experience.
Breaking the pattern of fear and getting rid of it happens when we create a new mind-body pattern instead.
Here are the 4 steps break the lock of fear in your life by creating a new mind-body experience. Choose it for anything that feels scary for you and it will spread to all aspects of your life.
1. Decide. Make a decision to do something scary. It can be something you just know you have to do of have always wanted to do. It can be skydiving, public speaking, approaching someone you have been eager to connect with or attending a workshop. Of course everyone has a different idea of what is scary. Once you figure out what is best for you – make the decision and commitment to do it.
2. Plan. If it is skydiving, plan the date and time, set aside the money and make the payment. If it’s public speaking, determine the venue or group, set the date and contact the people. Once it is on the schedule, its a real plan!
3. Prepare. This is an important part of empowering you to move forward. Before skydiving, you will need to know how to use the equipment, maybe have practice the steps for the jump and landing. You will need a level of preparation. For public speaking, you will need a speech – you prepare when you write it up and practice it. Preparing already removes some of the fear.
4. Ok, now do it! Get the support and encouragement you need from friends or family (or maybe you want to do it without telling anyone – that’s fine) and be sure to follow through. This is the part where you create a new pattern in your body for overcoming fear. You feel the fear, the rush and you proceed anyhow. You are changing the pattern of fear in your body and that will change your life.
Yippee! Go for it and then celebrate afterwards. Give yourself a pat on the back for facing your fear and getting rid of it.
Trust yourself. You have deep wisdom inside that will lead you to exactly the best answer, the best solution, the best course for your life.
Value, celebrate, honor and support your intuitive brilliance!
You know inside what to do. You know the truth. You know the answer.
And if your intuition and wisdom seem a little bit cloudy or foggy at the moment, don’t worry. That is easy to repair. Just take time every day to listen to the quiet voice inside you.
Listen to it and it will grow. Honor it and it will flourish.
Here are 3 ways you can hear your inner wisdom.
1. You can hear your inner wisdom when you are in stillness meditation. Taking time out every day to sit quietly gives you an opportunity to hear your truth. Your body-mind connection is especially powerful when you give yourself a chance to stop the busyness of your life and just sit still. Your body gets stillness, your mind gets stillness. Of course it does not happen all at once, but over time you will build the opportunity to experience stillness. So start now – you will be glad you did!
2. You can hear it in the shower. I love this one! You know how sometimes when you are in the shower or a hot bath you get all sorts of good ideas? Well that’s because your body is relaxing and your mind gets to flow freely – another example of the power of the body-mind connection. When you trying to figure out what to do and need your deep wisdom, get your body in a relaxed state – hot shower or bath – and give yourself permission to not have to solve the problem, but just relax and see what comes to mind. You might be surprised! Enjoy it.
3. You can hear it when you take a quiet walk. This time the body-mind connection comes from the rhythmic cadence from walking. It can be slow or fast, long or short. It does not matter. The key thing is to turn off the phone and music and just allow your mind to wonder. Give it time and space and you will discover new ideas and new ways of seeing your situation
“I know exactly what to do.” You know that situation when you are trying to figure out what to do and there are so many competing thoughts ideas and options that finding the best choice seems impossible? That can be crazy-making!
Here is an exercise for that situation. When there is a problem I am trying to solve or a choice to make, saying to myself “I know exactly what to do” actually leads me to the answer.
Here is how…
When I say these words to myself, “I know exactly what to do” the answer does not just magically pop into my head (OK, sometimes it does!) but what generally happens is that I set in motion an experience for my mind-body connection.
Hearing those words allows my shoulders to relax, my breathing slows down a bit and the spinning in my mind takes a pause. Having slowed down a bit, I can listen to the wisdom from my intuition as well as the knowledge from my intelligence.
The answer is within my reach and now I set myself up for success in solving the problem. Even if the answer does not come immediately, I know I can figure it out.
This exercise can work for you, too. These words give you a reminder that you can access the information. Sometimes the answer is right in front of you, other times it might come a little later.
You will experience some of the tension leaving your body as you relax and give yourself the chance to trust yourself and your abilities to figure it out.
Once you start to train yourself to believe in your ability to know what to do, you will create the success of working with your intuition and intelligence to get the solution that is best for your situation.
Try it this week. Next time you are spinning in your mind about a decision or a problem, say the words “I know exactly what to do” and notice how your body relaxes and you start to think more clearly.
You know that feeling where everyone is in your space.
You are getting bombarded with so many ideas, agendas and neediness from others, you can’t even think straight.
And when you have few quiet moments to yourself, even then they move in on you and take over your quiet time – your mind spinning with all the thoughts about other people’s demands on your time and life.
Now its time to stop all that – and get your space back for yourself!
Your personal space is yours and only you get to say what is allowed in. This goes for all aspects – your body, your spirit and your mind.
Having ownership over your space means you are in charge of the influences and claims on your time and thoughts. Sure, you have obligations and responsibilities in your life, but that does not mean others get to encroach on your mental space.
So, what to do?
Here is an exercise with three simple steps to clear out your space of others. Sit in quiet place for a few minutes. Take time to feel yourself getting grounded and connected to the earth. This is a great way to make sure you are present in the moment.
1. Start by noticing all the “things” in your space. It might be people’s thoughts, someone else’e plan for your life, demands from responsibilities or the repaying of old conversations. Each of those represent someone or something that is in your space. Initially, you do not need to do anything with it, just notice what is there.
2. Begin to move everything out of your space. Use an imaginary tool to assist you. You can imagine a sponge coming along and wiping it all away. You can imagine a leaf blower coming and blowing everything out of your space. You can picture a magnet pulling all the distractions out of your space.
There is no right or wrong way to do it – the key is that you are putting your intention towards having your space, your mind, your thoughts just for you. Your intention creates the experience you will have.
3. Once you have cleared others out of your space, sit quietly and notice how much more room you have for yourself. Breath in deeply and feel the relief. Imagine your space being filled with a golden light that continues to bring healing to you throughout your day.
And enjoy it!
This exercise is easy to do. Here is the secret: It is like brushing your teeth – just because you did a really good job of brushing your teeth one day, you still have to do it again the next day. Clearing your space should be done frequently. People are always trying to get in, so just keep your boundaries by clearing and owning your space every day.
There is something truly amazing that you have to offer the world.
It is your unique gift, passion, skill – its your magic.
When you are fully engaged in your magic, you come alive and feel excited about your life.
When you are living your magic, you are both energized and grounded.
When you are sharing your magic, people are amazed by the ease and natural ability of your skill.
What is your magic?
If you know what it is – shout it out! (Share with all of us here in the comments)
Discovering your magic can be delightful. It just needs a bit of reflection on your part and a willingness to see yourself as magical. Sometimes the mind does not see it, but the quiet mind, the subconscious, knows what it is. Here are some ideas you can use to tap into the awareness of your personal magic.
1. Grab some markers and a big piece of paper and write up as many things as come to your mind that you love to do, that gives you passion. Even if it seems like a small thing, write it down – brainstorming pulls all sorts of ideas from the back of your mind out into your consciousness.
See which of these speaks deeply to you. If nothing stands out at first, put your paper away and look at it tomorrow morning. When you wake, have the paper with all your passions and things you love placed somewhere you can see it easily. What jumps out at you? Which of those things catches your eye. That one word or phrase that speaks to you will point to your magic.
2. Take a walk and ask yourself at the beginning of the walk, “What is my magic?” and see what comes to you. Don’t try to force it, just let the ideas and thoughts flow freely. Begin the process of giving yourself permission to tap into your magic, your passion, your unique gifts.
As you walk, allow your body to relax and be at ease – this will help your quiet mind have the space to reveal itself to you. The key is to be open to imagining what is magical about you, to realize what is magical about you and to express what is magical about you.
3. Ask a friend. Sometimes others can see our magic before we even realize it. Maybe it is so natural to you that you just assume it is natural to everyone, when in fact it is unique to you.
A good friend will be happy to tell you what they see in you as your special skill, your passion, your magic.
Share what your magic is – sharing it makes it even more real and allows it to grow.
When I say “trust me” I am actually not asking you to trust me (Kathleen) but rather to get you to hear your own inner voice that is saying “trust me.”
This comes from being willing to take time to hear yourself.
It is also a willingness to live life with a sense of trust instead of trying to control every aspect.
Clutching and gripping so you can have control of everything will cause a brittle life. Letting go of some of that tight hold will actually give you more freedom.
It’s never going to work out perfectly anyways, so relax and let go a bit. Ahhh. *Breathe* It already feels better.
Now, trusting deeply does not mean sitting around and waiting for something wonderful to pop out of thin air. It means taking the next right action and moving forward.
Do your work in the world as best as you can in alignment with what is true for you.
Here are 3 ways you can create more of a sense of trust in life.
1. Meditate (of course!) every day. This gives you a chance to breathe and let go of some of the gripping control. It also gives you the opportunity to listen to your deep wisdom voice saying “trust me.”
2. Before you get distracted with all the demands on your day, treatment ask yourself “What is the next right action for me to take now?” You may be surprised by what you discover. Sometimes the next right action is difficult, but just take it one step at a time. Trust that you can do it, trust that it will be ok.
3. Notice the times in your life where you have trusted your deep inner wisdom and it turned out to be exactly the right way to go. This is a simple step, but don’t skip it. It is important to take a moment to acknowledge how trusting has made your life richer and fuller.
Taking a chance on something new is scary! Thrilling and nerve wracking – sometimes getting butterflies or even cold sweats comes from taking that first step.
But it is necessary in order to move forward.
It’s exciting! Of course, when you take a risk, doctor you want to “get it right.” If it didn’t matter, you would never take a chance. None of us would.
There are things you can do to smooth the process of taking risks, trying new things and putting yourself “out there.”
Here are 3 tips for making it go more easily.
1. Tell a friend. The benefit of sharing your plan with a friend or partner is that it provides both support as you “go for it” as well as accountability in case of cold feet.
2. Allow for mistakes. Cut yourself some slack. Don’t worry if it’s perfect. Perfect is the enemy of good enough. If you wait till every thing is perfect – it will never happen.
3. Jump! Do it and move forward with your plans, hopes, dreams, ideas.
You know that feeling when you think your intuition is telling you something, but you are not quite sure.
Maybe it’s your intuition, maybe its just some random thoughts going round in your mind.
So how do you decide which it is?
Here are a couple of strategies to try for getting clarity on your intuition.
1. Take a walk. There is nothing quite like taking a walk to clear your mind and get your body to relax. This gives you a chance to sort out the mind chatter from the deep internal wisdom.
2. Too cold to walk? Take a hot bath. Same thing happens when you soak – your body relaxes, your mind spins wildly and finally settles down. That is when the quiet whisper inside can be heard clearly and you know what to do.
3. Sleep on it. A frantic decision can often resolve it self with a good night sleep. This is especially powerful if you set your intention before you go to bed for a clear answer to be revealed to you in the morning.
Your intuition is ready for you to use. Getting clarity gets easier as you develop a deep trust in your inner truth. Try one of these tips to help with clarity and deep trust.